Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Hurricane Isaac

Today was a hurricane day.. for lots of counties.. except mine. It was a tough call- the weather was supposed to be getting better- but it didn't. Thankfully my brand new kindys were very brave through the wind and thunder and lightning. We kept trucking along! They learned how to write in their journals and we did the first two workbook pages in our practice books. The weather got a lot worse after lunch and we were put on a tornado watch. Then... the power went off. THANKFULLY my emergency lights came on! Next door was not as lucky. So I read a little of this book. I used the flashlight app on my phone to see the words (thanks to my husband for downloading it for me!). The power came back on about 40 minutes later and we continued with the day. All in a days work!
You can see the rain bouncing in the puddles.
Mulch is floating
Three cheers for emergency lights!

1 comment:

  1. Phew! That is "crazy"! I am glad you & your kiddos were "safe" & BRAVE!

    ReplyDelete