Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

F is for Friday (Full Moon)

Whew- It has been a very busy week. I am exhausted from testing and having obligations in the evening, and I have a cold! I don't know if it is the full moon, telling children SHHHhhhhhhhSHHHhhhSHHHHhhhhSHHhhh...... so I could finish up testing, the rain at recess or WHAT.. but I was grumpy and the kids were nutty(probably from me telling them to SHHhhSHHHHShhhh). By lunchtime I knew I had to scrap the apple writing lesson I had planned at 2:00. I knew we'd never make it through the lesson! At recess we played Duck, Duck, Goose with the class next door under the covered hard court and LAUGHED and LAUGHED! We had kids running in the wrong direction, running through the circle, running around the circle twice- It was mayhem. (Clearly we have to play again!) So by 2:00 I was up for some fun. I pulled out one of my favorite books, Miss Nelson is Missing. I told the class I read his book when I was a little girl and then I looked at the copyright and discovered it was written in my birth year (1977)! The class was impressed. We read about Miss Nelson and her terrible class and how one day the mean Miss Viola Swamp comes to substitute. I won't spoil the ending, but I enjoyed watching the students' faces as they discovered who Miss Viola Swamp actually was! We did a quick comparison between the two characters and we made a quick diagram using Power Point.






Then I read Miss Nelson is Back- just for fun. :)

Have an amazing weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment