Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ten Things I Have Learned from Teaching

Rowdy in First Grade is having a linky party- I loved reading what others have learned teaching so I thought I'd join!


Ten Things I Have Learned from Teaching
1. I have mastered the art of tooth pulling
2. You can never have too many glue sticks
3. I get some of the best ideas for new (to me) literature when I  make all of my students show me the books they have checked out from the library.
4. A wet paper towel can cure most boo boos.
5. I will cry after the first day of school out of exhaustion and I will cry after the last day of school because those exhausting kids have left footprints on my heart.
6. Students can identify their red chair, out of 20 IDENTICAL red chairs.
7. I can skillfully place my papers in the laminater so it takes less time to cut out AND not waste film.
8. If you are not a kindergarten teacher you will never be able to really understand my passion for my job.
9. If I got paid in hugs I'd be rich.
10. Manicures are a waste of money.. from shoe tying to staple removal... they have no chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment