Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

There is always room for J-E-L-L-O

So I am compiling letters to make an ABC book that the kids will take home at the end of the year to celebrate their kindergarten year. I was stumped on J. Then, I was cleaning out the pantry and I came across 4 boxes of orange jello. I am lazy  busy and just buy cups of jello IF I need it ( I never need it), So I decided to offer up a sacrifice of jello for my students to make a J is for J-E-L-L-O page for the ABC book.  I found this clip  to share with my class about a Jello Artist that was pretty fascinating. I told my class that I would be the coolest kindergarten teacher in the world if I let them build something out of jello but that I was going to have to settle for second place and just let them paint with it. They were very excited. I watered down a little white glue and made homemade shakers (paper covered cups with holes punched into the top with a tack, secured with a rubber band). They spread out the glue and shook jello on top of their J. The room smelled great!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see your completed ABC book...or a few other examples. That is a great idea! :) We use strawberry jello to make the "seeds" on a large strawberry craft after we visit the farm each spring. I agree...the room always smells delicious!

    http://LittleMissGlamourGoesToKindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete