Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

C is for Centers!

I have been asked about the black stars in my Classroom Tour Slideshow. Those black stars help me manage my centers. Each center has a sign that indicates how many students can be at that center. Every student gets a green center star with their name on it. When it is center time students can choose their own center by Velcro-ing their star to the center sign. Sometimes the center will have a closed sign attached to it. I do not assign centers but I do ask my students not to repeat until they visit all of them. Around October all of my students get a clipboard with a center checklist. The checklist has two boxes one is labeled- Centers I Must Finish and the other is labeled Look What I Had Time To Do! Each has clip art next to it and a box. Student check off each center as they finish. They have to complete the first box before they can go to the centers in the second box. Here is a list of the centers I have in my classroom



Pocket Chart
Phonics
Read the Room
Write the Room
Handwriting
Computer
Writing
Listening
Library
Big Books
Puzzles
Core Knowledge

Look What I Had Time To Do!
Building & Legos
Mailbox
Play Dough
Music
Flannel Board
Math
Discovery
Magnet Letters
Dramatic Play
Blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment