Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

T is for Torch


So.. I have to give an assessment 3 times a year and one of the components is vocabulary. One of the last pictures is of a torch. No one in my class knew what it was.. so I saw this idea from this AMAZING BLOG and thought what a great idea! We had just finished studying Tt. I read Tacky and the Winter Games and we talked about the torch. This book is a great read! It really shows kids how important it is to listen to and follow directions. Tacky hurts his teammates by not following directions. It is funny and of course ends with Tacky's silly behavior paying off in the end. The students drew and cut our their own lowercase t and added tissue paper and fire colored squares (left over from Elmer). I'll let you know in April if they remember torch!

No comments:

Post a Comment