Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

C is for Conference

This week I have been very busy having parent teacher conferences. I also had my first conference as a parent! It was nice to sit on the other side of the table. My baby is growing up! Too busy today to take photos... here is a brief summary of what we did this week.

-- Read Little Bo Peep and illustrated the poem in our Poetry Journals. I enjoyed showing this clip from Sesame Street. I don't think that my kindys watch Sesame Street but they are fascinated with the clips I show. I loved this one because it has 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12... Pinball!! (I may be the only one who has this tune stuck in my head.. I clearly watched A LOT of Sesame Street growing up).
We also made a list of all of the possible places Little Bo Peep's sheep could have gone.

-- We Read Millie and the Mud Hole and acted out the story. There is a good lesson here.. to listen to others when they are trying to help you! Acting it out was FUN!

-- We read The Little Red Hen and watched this old classic on YouTube. We will review this again next week by comparing different versions of the story.

-- We started our study of the Wampanoag Indians and I read People of the Breaking Day.

-- We read Mrs. Wishy Washy's Farm... but I'll save that post for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment