Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

W is for Word Building





The reading curriculum I have used the last six years provided card stock letter cards in plastic pouches and 2 cardboard boards glued together to slide the cards onto for word building. Needless to say.. they survived about a year. Another phonics curriculum I use supplied nice laminated letter tiles but I struggled with doling them out, collecting them, and keeping them organized. It also took so much time for the children to find the letters they needed to build a word. The tiles would fall on the floor, get mixed up, or lost. I dreaded word building. While surfing the Internet I came across this idea.. I can't remember where I saw it.. I'd love to give credit so if you know, let me know! I am using Manila folders and post it notes. The vowels are kept on one side of the folder and the consonants the other. I wrote the letters on the folder so it is easy for the kids to put the letters back in the right place. The post its have lasted 2 school years! This is so easy to make and cheap! I used different colored post its for the consonants to keep the kids organized. I made a class set but I frequently ask children to buddy up to word build. Today we made CVC words using the vowel i. I also typed the word on the screen for the groups to check their work.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing such valuable information. There is one such company that goes by the name of Online Assignment Expert that caters to the needs of students in universities around the world. There are so many assignment services like CDR, CV, Resume writing services and many more. I was not aware of any of these. Due to the academicians at Online Assignment Expert, I got familiarised with these different forms of services. Thanks to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an academic writer at My Assignment Services. I have read many blogs and I appreciate the way you write. The pieces of information are accurate and relevant. Hopefully, it will be helping students in a lot of ways. However, I am here to inform students who are studying under-graduate, postgraduate or doctorate level courses that My Assignment Services are offering SQL assignment help. It can be explained as a service where students get assistance in completing their programming assignments easily. My Assignment Services offers academic assistance like online Python assignment help in the countries like Australia, Canada, South Africa, Malaysia etc. My Assignment Services came into existence in the year 2009 with a motive to help those students who find difficulties in completing their programming assignment. If you need HTML assignment help to resolve the issues or queries, visit My Assignment Services.

    ReplyDelete