Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

S is for Six Sticks

When Amelia was an infant my mom subscribed her to the Dr. Seuss book of the month club. When 6 Sticks came in the mail I knew it would be perfect for kindergarten. Since we are reviewing numbers 6-10 this week, I raided Amelia's book shelf and snuck it out of the house (she is not happy when I take her things to school!). We read 6 Sticks and watched as the mice came up with many different configurations to use 6 Sticks. The kids were very excited to get their own craft sticks and make a picture. It proved to be quite tricky to incorporate 6 craft sticks into what they wanted to make. I was fascinated to watch their individual planning process. Some drew a picture right away and fit the sticks into their design. Some played with the sticks first, glued the sticks down, and then drew the picture around the sticks. I gave each student the sentence 6 sticks make _______________. and I helped them fill in the missing words.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a picture slideshow

1 comment: