Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Rosa Parks

I have been trying to fit in Black History all month. Today I managed to read these 2 books about Rosa Parks. The second book we read was an account of the story through a young boys eyes. I hadn't read it before - I checked it out of our local library. I really liked it. We also colored this portraits of Rosa Parks.
Last week we read Tusk Tusk by David Mckee (he wrote Elmer). This is a story about black and white elephants that hated each other. Eventually, most of the elephants die fighting and for a long time there are no elephants. One day the grandchildren of the fighting elephants come out from deep in the jungle and they are gray. This sparked really great conversation and thinking from my sprouts. We mixed black and white paint to make gray and painted E for our ABC book.


No comments:

Post a Comment