Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

R is for Rules


Part of being in kindergarten is learning how to get along with others and following the expectations of your setting. We learn that walking in the hallway is different from playing at recess. Most of my students can already recite all 5 classroom rules but many will struggle with putting them into practice. To kick off the year we read one of my favorite books, David Goes to School by David Shannon. David breaks every rule and gave our class a chance to talk about the rules and role play "making smart choices". We all took home a No David! puppet at the end of the day. I remind my class that I hope I won't see any "No David" kids in my class.

If you want to make a puppet:
http://crisscrossapplesauce.typepad.com/files/no_david.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment