Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

M is for Math Centers

















This is what math centers looked like today. I let everyone choose their own partners and I passed out math manipulatives and activities. My only directions were, "Share, take turns, whisper, clean up." I thought I'd spend the time calling kids to me to start report card assessment. Instead I got involved in what my kids were doing. I have to say I was really impressed! I saw counting, sorting, patterns, world problems, measurement... I also saw cooperation, turn-taking, sharing, kindness, and teaching. I stopped to take photos because I realized I made it through the bumpy ride that are the first weeks of kindergarten! Every August I repeat my mantra.... "It will be great by October.... It will be great by October" - October is here.. and it is GREAT! :) I hope all of my fellow kindy teachers are breathing a little easier now that it is October!












No comments:

Post a Comment