Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

S is for Stripes


Lately, I have noticed that some of my sprouts are laughing and teasing at others when they feel something is too babyish for big 5 year old kindys. It has caused some hurt feelings and a few tears. I have recently stuck up for Sesame Street, Dora, the entire Sprout network, blankies, and riding with training wheels.. so I thought A Bad Case of Stripes would be a good conversation starter about being true to yourself. Predictably, everyone loved the story of poor Camile who suffers from a bad case of stripes because she denies herself Lima beans so others will not laugh at her.. it is only when she is true to herself that she is cured of her aliment. I am not sure everyone could relate but I did get great feedback and many sprouts came up with examples of how they have pretended to like or not like something so they were not laughed at. We decided to make striped S to put in our alphabet book. Here is the online story read by Sean Astin.

No comments:

Post a Comment