Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

R is for Road

We studied Rr a few weeks ago but we didn't have time to make a paper craft to go in our ABC Book. I had a hard time coming up with an idea and story for Rr. I like to be careful about what I choose because there are so many great books for children and so little time to read them! I decided on Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton. When I introduced the story I shared with the class that this book was written by the same author as The Little House. My most observant students pointed out right away that the illustrations of both books were similar. The children enjoyed the story and cheered Mary Ann on as she dug the cellar in just one day! This is a good story to talk about encouraging others to do their best and living up to your word. We made R- roads and illustrated the page to look like the city and country pages of the book. We glued a little Mike Mulligan and Mary Ann on our Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment